2 Channel digital signal processor with euro style input/output connectors, small form factor.
After three decades of developing pioneering audio products and systems, QSC raises the bar once again, setting a new standard in signal processing with the new DSP-3 Digital Signal Processing Module.
The DSP-3's two channels of independent signal processing deliver more power, flexibility, and features-in short, more of everything you really need in a DSP-for less. Simple to install and compact, the DSP-3 is the advanced and affordable digital signal processing solution for your audio system.
The DSP-3’s powerful processor allows you to perform a wide range of signal processing functions. Whether you need speaker crossovers, EQ, time delay, or subsonic filters, the DSP-3 is as flexible as your systems's needs.
Each channel includes:
- Crossover filtering
- Multiple parametric EQs
- Shelf filtering
- Tone and noise generation
- Precision attenuation
- Multiple delays (up to 910 ms)
- Compression and limiting
The DSP-3’s processing horsepower is dynamically assignable so you’re not locked into a fixed configuration. Simply plug your laptop into its RS-232 serial interface and use QSC's powerful configuration software. You can easily configure multiple processing functions and signal flow with "click-and-drop" simplicity. The DSP-3 also allows real-time control or set-and-forget convenience. You can even save each configuration on disk for future recall.
Getting attached to the DSP-3? Then you’ll be glad to know how easily it attaches to most two-channel DataPort-equipped QSC amplifiers, including the CX, DCA, and new PowerLight 2—without taking up extra rack space. Or use multiple DSP-3s with our rack-mount panel kit to create a stand-alone DSP solution that interfaces with any amplifier or system.
- Two independent channels of DSP
- 48kHz, 24-bit converters
- No turn on pops or zipper noise
- If the memory or hardware fails, unit turns on muted
- Host interface via RS-232 or QSControl Audio Network System* via CM16a Amplifier Network Monitor
- Electronically balanced inputs
- Contact closure to trigger gain preset changes
- Post-DSP output signal for daisy-chaining
- Peak, RMS and Clip meter displays
- Selectable input sensitivity: 1.5, 4, 9, 13 Vrms; 6, 14.5, 21.5, 24.5 dBu; 3.5, 12, 19, 22.2 dBV
- DataPort "pass-through" compatible with QSControl
- Selectable output sensitivity: 4 Vrms or 6 Vrms
- "Drag-and-drop" configuration software
- DSP processing power and memory dynamically assignable to signal processing functions
- Graphical representation of DSP resources
- Firmware upgrades downloadable via RS-232
- Hard copy printout of configuration layout or parameter settings
- Input Connectors: Two 3-pin Euros (1 for each audio channel); One HD-15 female DataPort; One RS-232 female (PC input); One Power Jack (Required only for PowerLight, QSC non-DataPort amplifiers, or non-QSC amplifiers, using remote rack mounting bracket)
- Output Connectors: Two 3-pin Euros (for daisy-chaining each audio channel out); One HD-15, male amplifier connection
- Dimensions (H x W without flanges x W with flanges x D): 3.49" x 3.33" x 4.76" x 1.21"
- Weight: 0.6 lbs net, 1 lb shipping
The DSP-3 mounts directly to the back of these amplifier models via the DataPort:
- Two-channel CX Series
- Two-channel DCA Series
- PowerLight 2 Series
- ISA Series (Version 2 DataPort--Audio only; requires external power supply)