Four mute groups allow several channels to be muted simultaneously, while another unique facility is the limiter on both the Record and Alternate stereo outputs that makes it easier to create a stereo recording of the mix.
The console also features an output matrix with eleven feeds to four outputs, being fed from the group busses and main L, R and C (mono) outputs.
Although largely conventional in layout, the GB8 does have some unique mechanical features. The rugged steel chassis has a sloping rear connector panel so that it is easier to configure from the front of the desk, while the integral power supply has a link option for an external back-up PSU.
The GB8 desks carry the high quality hallmark with which Soundcraft is synonymous, with engineering and design, as you'd expect from this high-end manufacturer. Careful attention has been given to the mechanical construction, to ensure reliability under strenuous conditions, with all input modules being constructed with individual vertically-mounted pcb's, fitted to the steel chassis front panel with individually-nutted potentiometers.
• GB30 mic preamp
• 4-band GB30 EQ
• Individually switched 48V phantom power on every mono input module
• 4 Full-feature Stereo channels
• 8 Aux sends (all switchable between pre/post fader operation)
• 8 Group sends (SWAP with all 8 Auxes)
• 4 Stereo returns
• 4 Mute Groups
• 11x4 Output Matrix
• Limiter on Record Output and Alternative Stereo Output
• 1kHz oscillator
• Meter Bridge with accurate VU meters for LEFT, RIGHT and CENTER Outputs
• Integral power supply, with an external power supply link option
• All metal TRS jacks and Neutrik XLRs
• Direct outputs on all mono input channels
• Dimensions (H x W x D): 9.62" x 65.59" x 25.83"
• Weight: 88.2 lbs