8 Channel 24 Bit / 192 kHz Remote controllable High-End Mic / Line Instrument Preamp
Micstasy is an 8-Channel hi-end mic/line preamp and AD-converter combining typical RME features with a number of previously unseen features. It can be used analog (Mic/Line In to Line Out) and digital (Mic/Line In to Digital Out), with both signal paths operating simultaneously. Special highlight: the device is fully remote-controllable via MIDI (also MIDI over MADI).
The Micstasy's innovative concept allows for amplification and digitization of ALL analog signal sources. Be it high-level stage signals, typical studio signals, lower level and high-impedance instruments, or dynamic, condenser or ribbon microphones: Micstasy understands them all - in a way that is simply thrilling.
The signals amplified by the Micstasy are available at the analog outputs for passing them on, making an expensive splitter box on stage obsolete. All functions can be remote controlled via MIDI and MIDI over MADI, allowing the device to be placed near the microphones, ensuring highest sound quality. Adding the optional MADI Card results in even more options. The I64 MADI Card provides serial pass-through capability from one Micstasy to the next (up to 8). All up to 64 audio signals are then available at the last device on one single line. Such a way of cascading is also possible between Micstasy and ADI-8 QS.
Overview of the Micstasy's most important features:
- 8 balanced XLR mic/line inputs with 85 dB gain range
- Analog input level from -56.5 dBu up to +30 dBu
- High-end circuitry with 4 relays per channel, super low-noise microphone front-end
- Near click-free gain changes in steps of 0.5 dB
- Large frequency range (200 kHz) with special EMI input filtering
- 8 balanced TRS line / instrument inputs with Hi-Z option
- 8 balanced XLR line outputs, maximum level +27 dBu
- 4 x AES/EBU Out via D-sub, 8 channels @ 192 kHz
- 2 x ADAT Out, 8 channels @ 96 kHz (SMUX and SMUX4)
- Optional MADI I/O (I64 MADI Card) with serial cascading and digital return path
- Symmetrical hi-pass (Lo Cut) with super-low THD, 18 dB/oct
- LED level meter with 13 LEDs per channel
- M/S de-/encoding for the digital output
- AutoSet: Automatic gain reduction with multiple linking
- Current state can be stored to 8 user presets
- Fully remote controllable
In a standard 19" box with 2 unit height the device offers numerous extraordinary features like Intelligent Clock Control (ICC) Intelligent Clock Control (ICC)
Our unique SyncCheck and AutoSync technology has evolved into the new Intelligent Clock Control of the Hammerfall DSP system. HDSP is the only digital I/O-system worldwide capable of measuring and displaying the frequency of all clock sources. Even word clock! Based on validity and current sample rate the system then decides which clock source should be used - fully automated and performed in hardware! With this the HDSP system offers the most easiest handling of the present clocks, although having a lot digital inputs, plus the most advanced support when configuring the clock setup. , SyncCheck SyncCheck
When working with several digital sources it is not only necessary that these are all properly locked, they also have to be totally synchronized. Else drop outs and crackling occurs.
RME's exclusive SyncCheck checks all input signals. In clock mode Master the synchronous operation to the internal clock is checked. This outstanding and unique technology helps to find errors immediately. The actual state of each input is displayed in the settings dialog.
Write a review
Your Review: Note: HTML is not translated!
Rating: Bad Good
Enter the code in the box below: