24 Bit / 192 kHz, 2 x 8-Channel MADI to AES/EBU Converter
The ADI-642 is an eight-channel format converter from MADI to AES and vice versa. MADI handles sixty-four channels of 24-bit audio at sampling frequencies up to 48kHz, thirty-two channels up to 96kHz and sixteen channels at 192kHz. All channels are transferred across a single cable, using either a coaxial (BNC) or optical network cable. The AES/EBU channels are provided via 4 XLR inputs and outputs, respectively.
Amongst other applications, the unit can serve as an AES/EBU front-end for RME's Hammerfall DSP MADI PCI card. An easy-to-use 72 x 74 routing matrix can assign any individual input channel to every single output channel, allowing for the free configuration of all sixty-four MADI channels and the eight AES channels.
When the single-space rack-mount unit is serving as a format converter, cable lengths of more than 100 meters can be achieved. The ADI-642 accepts both fifty-six and sixty-four channel standards as well as 96k frame at its input and can be set to generate both these formats at its output. This way the ADI-642 can serve as an interface between otherwise incompatible MADI devices.
- Eight-channel MADI/AES format converter
- MADI redistributor, patchbay and router
- Extensive status displays give information about Lock and Sync states, audio content and the physical quality of the incoming signal
- A fully automatic input selection between optical and coaxial input offers a useful redundancy mode for critical applications
- Supplies word clock in Single, Double and Quad Speed, distributes Double Wire 96kHz signals into the MADI data stream and to the AES ports and supports the double MADI sample rate (96k frame)
- SyncAlign and SyncCheck technologies ensure perfect synchronization and clear detection of errors
- Multiple units can be stacked and operated sample-aligned, using word clock.
- All settings are stored when the unit is switched off
- Sixteen MIDI channels can be transferred across MADI even with 64 audio channels
- The device can be fully remote controlled and configured via MIDI and all status displays can be queried through MIDI
- Each unit in a multiple-unit setup can be given a separate ID, allowing separate remote control of the devices utilizing only a single MIDI channel
Powered by eBay Turbo Lister
The free listing tool. List your items fast and easy and manage your active items.
Write a review
Your Review: Note: HTML is not translated!
Rating: Bad Good
Enter the code in the box below: