12" Two-Way Multi-Angle Floor Monitor / Loudspeaker
The new JRX212 repesents a leap forward in sound quality and durability. Handling 250 watts of power, the JRX212 can be relied upon to bring cutting edge vocals to any stage environment. Thanks to the robust construction employed in the creation of the JBL JRX212, you can reasonably expect to several years of trouble free use out of the JBL JRX 212 floor monitor. You know JBL is one of the most recognized and trusted names in the pro audio speaker market, these JRX212's are ready to carry the mantle for years to come.
Input is handled by your choice of either a Speakon connector or 1/4 inch jack. Either of those can be used to daisy chain to additional speakers.
Frequency response is above average for speakers in this price range yielding a fantastic 60 Hertz to 20,000 Hertz. And the JBL JRX 212 sounds great doing it. The speakers handle themselves very well at high volume levels, without getting to raspy or harsh. The small footprint means they will help you make the most out of the small space usually given to you on a stage. Sensitivity is very important when it comes to how well a loudspeaker manages the power you feed it. The 212's have a rather high sensitivity that ranks at 99 decibels, not bad at all. This means the JRX 212 will ake the most out of the power fed to it from your power amplifier. Because of this fantastic sensitivity, this floor monitor can achieve a maximum SPL of 129 decibels! Now that is value for you hard earned dollar!
Jbl has placed the 212 on a diet, you won't break your back on these guys, I promise you as they weigh in at only 43 pounds. The enclosure itself is constructed of rugged 3/4 inch MDF to withstand many years of hard living on the road. Metal handle are used to augment the overall quality of the box and eliminate the possibility of breakage that we have seen in speakers constructed of lesser qualities.
To make sure that you never overpower your JRX212, the speaker incorporates JBL's excellent SonicGuard protection system that monitors the speaker for overload and cracks down to keep the show going without damaging critical speaker components. Finally, the speaker itself is covered in very rugged carpet to shrug off road rash, and a full metal grill protects the individual speaker components from damage. To top it all off, a multi-angle pole mount receptacle allows you to use the JRX212 as a front of house speaker if the need arises.
- 250 watt program power handling
- JBL 12 inch low frequency driver with a 2.5 inch diameter edgewound ribbon voice coil which provides more cross-sectional wire area in the voice coil gap than round wire designs, for greater efficiency and power handling
- JBL 2414H-C 1 inch polymer diaphragm compression driver improves high frequency
performance as well as system reliability
- The advanced network topology crossover design shapes frequency response and delivers "coherent summation" in the crossover region
- High-voltage capacitors and inductors with massive cores and heavy gauge wire enable the crossover network to handle high power without saturating
- Progressive Transition high frequency waveguide provides superior coverage control, reduced distortion, and smoother frequency response
- The rugged, acoustically superior enclosure is constructed from .75 inch MDF using advanced adhesives and mechanical fastener technology for extreme durability and improved low-frequency performance
- SonicGuard protects the high frequency driver from excess power without interrupting the performance
- Non-resonant, all-steel handles are used
- Attractive 18-gauge hexagon perforated, steel grille protects components from damage
- Dual-angle pole-mount socket allows the speaker to tilt 10 degrees for more uniform audience coverage