The Kemper Profiler enables you to do what generations of guitar players have been waiting for: to capture the soul of all your amps (and so many more) inside a lunchbox-sized amplifier.
So, how does it work? Kemper uses cutting edge technology to capture the sonic DNA of virtually any guitar amp. The resulting profiles are as living, vivid and dynamic as the original amps.
Imagine you’ve used some sweet-sounding, well-maintained vintage tube amps in your last studio session: With the Kemper Profiler, there’s no need to leave those sounds behind anymore. Simply create your own profiles from these amps and take them with you to use anywhere you like. Variations with alternative amp settings can be created and even the cabinet of a profiled combo amp can be exchanged at any time. Dozens of pro-grade onboard effects and stomp boxes can be used to spice up the profiles. Kemper even gives you profiles of many exceptional signature amps.
It contains your entire amp collection: the amps you own, the best sounding amps from top guitarists the world over, and amps from studio-cats who live for that perfect recording room, ultimate mic position, and purest possible signal chain.
The Kemper Profiler can capture the sonic DNA of a guitar amp with the press of a single button. But, so you don‘t have to, the best amps in the world come pre-installed, ready to bring their legendary tone and feel to your fingertips. Ready to take you from Nashville, thru London, to LA. Ready to take you on a trip of tonal bliss from Alternative, thru Metal, to Country – with a pit stop at Experimental.
Profiling an amp is as simple as plugging it in and pressing “record.” Just insert it into the recording chain, sit back, and watch the magic. Test signals will be sent from the unit into your tube amp and recorded by the microphone in front of your cabinet. Less than a minute later, the sonic DNA of your tube amp has been extracted. Use the A/B mode to compare the original tube amp with the profiled sound. The “Refine“ feature lets you fine-tune the nuances of your profile by simply strumming a few chords – a fast and convenient way to tweak the profile to perfection.
The four stomp slots let you choose from traditional drive pedals, wahs and EQs, as well as more exotic effects like frequency shifter and wave shaper. Post-amp, you can add up to four stereo effects, including various reverbs, delays and modulation effects. Many effects have a built-in “Ducking“ parameter – just find your perfect setting, then store it for easy recall as an effect preset.
What about those occasions when you just want to play through a standard guitar cab? The unique CabDriver mode retains the characteristics of the tube power-amp, including the original amp/speaker interactions, and translates them perfectly to the speaker cabinet. No additional tweaking required. Prefer to feed a full-range monitor system? No problem - they gave the Kemper Profiler some of the most complete output options available in a guitar amplification system.
To get the perfect “amp-in-the-room” sound on the stage, or in the rehearsal room, simply feed the monitor output signal into any neutral, solid-state power amp driving a standard guitar cabinet. And now for the nifty bit: you can still run the full profile to the main PA, while CabDriver feeds to your speaker cabinet on stage. All this makes the Kemper Profiler the perfect, all-in-one solution for any guitar player who travels from rehearsal room, to studio, to stage.
Kemper provides the flexibility and convenience – the choices are all yours.
Kemper Profiler Head Features:
- Stomp Effects: The Kemper Profiler offers 4 independent stomp slots, armed to to teeth with a stunning arsenal of effects. These include models of famous overdrive and distortion stomps, compressor, reverb, several delays and LoFi algorithms, and a beautiful rotary speaker emulation.
- The Archive: The Kemper Profiler makes it easy for you to share your personal library with other users. It already holds a vast number of rigs. Sharing a profile or rig is as easy as sending an e-mail.
- Profiling: Amplifier profiling is a new and unique way to extract the sound and feel of a tube amp and store it away for later use. Profiling doesn‘t just create a static snapshot; it can give you a deeper control of your sound than your original amp can provide. The response to your playing, dynamics and all other details are captured by the profiling process.
- The Input Stage: Thanks to a Hi-Z input optimized for passive guitar pickups, the Kemper Profiler offers a crystal clear signal path.
- The Stack: The Stack section of the Kemper Profiler consists of the profiled amplifier, equalizer and cabinet. You can mix and match any amp with any cabinet in your library. You can even creatively change the sonic behaviour of any recently profiled amplifier.
- Master FX: The master effects section features reverb, delay and additional slots for stomp boxes to refine your amplifier’s tone. The six knobs on the front panel offer convenient access to the most important settings. The reverb section features a dense and lively reverb algorithm which won’t mask the original signal. The delay section features several tape and stereo delay algorithms which can be synched to MIDI clock.
- Amp Control: The Kemper Profiler includes the standard Gain, Bass, Middle,Treble and Presence controls that you would expect from a guitar amplifier.However, in contrast to many vintage amps, Kemper has kept the gaincontrol neutral, so you are able to find the sweet spot of your amp, and runthis optimal sound at any gain level.
Kemper Profiler Head Specifications:
- Height: 21.7 cm (8.54 inches)
- Width: 37.8 cm (14.88 inches)
- Depth: 17.3 cm (6.81 inches)
- Weight: 5.32 kg (11.73 pounds)
- Analog Inputs:
- Front Input: ¼ inch TS unbalanced, dynamic range >108dB, impedance 1 MegOhm
- Alternative Input: ¼ inch TRS balanced with ground lift, dynamic range =105dB
- Return: XLR balanced, ¼ inch balanced with ground lift, dynamic range =105dB
- Analog Outputs:
- Master L and R Outputs: XLR balanced, ¼ inch TS unbalanced with ground lift max. output level: XLR +22dBu, TS +16dBu
- Monitor Output: ¼ inch TS unbalanced with ground lift max. output level: +16dBu
- Direct Output/Send: ¼ inch TS unbalanced with ground lift max. output level: +16dBu
- Output Dynamic Range: >108 dB
- Dedicated Headphone Output: ¼ inch TRS stereo, 33Ohm
- Control and Data Interfaces:
- Midi: 5-pin DIN commectors for In/Out/Thru
- Switch/Pedal: Two 1/4 inch TRS, each for mono/stereo switch or expression pedal (10kOhm min, 100kOhm max. impedance)
- Network: RL45 connector
- USB: USB 2.0 (FS) compatible device, USB-A and USB-B connectors
- Digital Inputs and Outputs: S/PDIF In/Out 44.1 kHz (24 bit) with RCA Phone connectors (Master only)
- Electrical Requirements
- Line Voltage:: Head/Rack 100-240V AC, max. 0.5 A
- Frequency: 50Hz to 60Hz, single phase
- Environmental Requirements:
- Operating Temerature: 10° to 35° C (50° to 95° F)
- on-operating Temperature: -20° to 47° C (-4° to 116° F)
- Relative Humidity: 5% to 95% non-condensing
- Maximum Altitude: 3000 m (10,000 feet)
Write a review
Your Review: Note: HTML is not translated!
Rating: Bad Good